A Century old st. paul landmark.
The Golden Rule Building is a six (6) story office building consisting of approximately 300,000 square feet (excluding lower level), with an average floor plate of 50,000 square feet, located in the heart of downtown St. Paul. This building was first established as a retail store in 1886 and went through several stages of renovation, when in 1983 it was converted to office space, with all the newest technologies. St. Paul’s largest indoor park covers the first level atrium with fountains and benches for enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of this remarkable space. The Golden Rule Building leads city and state standards when it comes to health, wellness and sustainability. This iconic and distinguishable building is truly one of a kind.
“Just a note to show my appreciation for the high level of care to maintenance in our building. I have offices in a good number of buildings in my career and none compare to the Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc.’s team. We very rarely have to request anything because you are always ahead of us. Our whole staff and I — Very much appreciate all your efforts!”
– Office of the Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Commerce
“I want to thank you and your staff for making this building such a warm and inviting place to walk into each day. Thanks for all you do!”
– Marie Koehler, Regional Manager, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
(Click to View Suites with Floor Plans)
Click here to review building brochure.
For further information, please contact Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc. at (651) 290-8890.
- Convenient Skyway Access
- Largest Indoor Park
- Conference Rooms
- Espresso Bar and Convenience Store
- District Energy Heating and Cooling
- Energy Star Rated Building
- The IREM Certified Sustainable Property (CSP)
- Organics Recycling Program
- Centralized Waste Collection
- Filtered Water Stations
- Fitness Center
- Shower Facilities
- Wellness Classes
- Bike Parking and Storage
- On-Site Management, Security, and Engineering
- Beautiful Historic Interior
- In the heart of downtown close to Lowertown, Rice Park, and W. 7th neighborhoods
- 15 different parks including Mears and Rice Parks
- Upscale grocer in immediate area
- Over 70 different cafés and restaurants in the area
- Near local breweries
- Minutes away from 11 theaters and museums including the newly renovated Historic Palace Theater
- A brisk walk from Xcel Energy Center and CHS Field and around the corner from the Treasure Island Center – MN Wild Practice Facility
health, wellness, and ENVIRONMENTALLY CONsCIOUS
The Golden Rule Building leads city and state standards when it comes to health, wellness and sustainability.
Touchless sinks, toilets and soap dispensers have been installed throughout the common areas in the building for a healthier and cleaner environment. Every floor has a filtered water station for use which is great for reusable water bottles.
The Golden Rule Building has a 2-story lobby atrium with the largest indoor park in St. Paul that has various greenery, two fountains, and benches, making it a peaceful area to relax. This biophilic design with live plants and natural elements help to reduce tension, anxiety, and depression.
In 2019, the building implemented centralized waste collection, expanded its organic recycling program, and since has consistently met state standards for recycling at 75% or more. The building is the first in St. Paul to have implemented centralized waste collection in a multi-tenant building. Since 2015, the building has provided organic recycling for restroom paper towels and in 2019 the organics recycling program expanded organics recycling to all areas of the building.
The Golden Rule Building has also been an Energy Star rated building for many years going as far back as 2002. It is 1 of 15 buildings in St. Paul that is Energy Star certified.
In addition, The Golden Rule Building was awarded The IREM Certified Sustainable Property (CSP). This certification provides sustainability best practices and evaluation.