|General Information||Police Information||Fire Information||Medical Emergency||Elevator Emergency||Severe Weather|
The Golden Rule Building Staff conducts periodic inspections of all fire systems i.e. fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire horns/strobes and fire sprinklers. The Building is equipped with a fire sprinkler system and a fire evacuation alarm system.
If you discover a fire:
- Dial 911 immediately.
(Fire alarm pull boxes are located next to each emergency exit.)
- Give the following Building Name and Address information to the 911 operator:
The Golden Rule Building
85 East Seventh Place
St. Paul MN, 55101
- Follow the fire evacuation procedures. Click here to view a sample evacuation map.
- Each work area has a primary and secondary evacuation plan assigned to its occupants.
- Proceed by stairwell to exit the building as directed.
- After exiting the building, move away to allow fire fighters and equipment easy access, and avoid the risk of falling debris.
- Proceed to your designated rendezvous location. Remain there and stand by for further instructions. (If unsure of location, contact your supervisor.)
- After hours (5PM-6AM M-F and all day Sat/Sun) all tenants should evacuate to the 1st floor of the Robert St. Ramp. GR Security will inform them when the all clear is given.
- Leave fire area immediately and close the doors behind you.
- Use stairwells to evacuate.
- If caught in heavy smoke, take short breaths through your nose and stay low to the floor. (Cleaner air is near the floor because toxic gases rise.)
- Stay calm and alert.
- Listen for further announcements and instructions and follow them.
- Evacuate in an orderly fashion, keeping to the right in the stairwells and single file.
- Do not attempt to fight the fire.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Do not run or create panic.
- Do not return to your office until the “ALL CLEAR” is given.